This is a fun and yummy spin on the classic holiday dish!
Courtesy of Maudine Thomas
This is a great recipe to make ahead. Reheat on a baking sheet before serving.
1 C Celery, diced
1½ C Onion, diced
1 C Cranberries, dried and chopped (or use Craisins)
2 Apples, Granny Smith, large, peeled, cored, diced
1 package Herb Seasoned Stuffing (14 oz)
1 package Cornbread Seasoned Stuffing (14 oz)
2 Lbs Sage Sausage
5-6 C Chicken Broth, low sodium
1 cube Butter, melted and cooled
3 eggs, beaten
1 T Sage
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Pepper
3/4 C Pecans, chopped (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat muffin pan cups with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, brown the sausage and remove from pan.
- Add the celery and onion to sausage drippings and saute until softened. Add the cube of butter and stir until melted.
- Pour fry pan ingredients into a large mixing bowl and add Stuffing mixes, apple, cranberries, nuts, salt, pepper and sage. Stir well then add eggs and butter. Stir well again.
- Start adding the chicken broth slowly while stirring. Keep stirring and adding broth until bread is moist but not soggy.
- Scoop into prepared muffin cups mounding up about 3/4" above the top of the muffin pan cup.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes until crispy on sides and firm on top.
- Remove from oven and let set for five minutes before taking muffin out of the pan.
- Serve warm. Recipe makes 3 dozen muffins.