Bring something new and fun to the table for the holidays with this unique and scrumptious side dish!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries
Courtesy of Maudine Thomas
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
3 T Olive Oil
1/4-1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
2 C Cranberries, fresh
2-4 T Maple Syrup or Honey
1/4 C Feta Cheese, finely crumbled to Garnish
Fresh Parsley, chopped to Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss cubed squash with Olive Oil.
- Pour onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast on the center rack of the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add the fresh cranberries to to roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have softened and started to burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins instead of fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Carefully stir in maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Garnish with feta and parsley. Serve hot.